What are your veteran eligibility guidelines?
Veterans should meet the following criteria to be considered for our program:
- Have an official diagnosis from a healthcare provider of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Reside in an owned or rented home within our service area
- Be able to commit to the full training process (often one year to eighteen months), which can include two or more group classes weekly, in-home individualized training sessions, and self-directed at-home training
- If living with others, have the full support of all household members in having a service dog
- Have the ability to care for oneself and a service dog
What is your service area?
How long does the application process take?
What are the steps involved in the application process?
If my application is approved, how long will it take for me to get a dog?
What happens while I am waiting for my dog?